Mystery Quilt-as-you-Go Challenge: Follow-up
Eighteen of the Mystery Quilt-as-you-Go Challenge quilts were displayed at the annual Pietermaritzburg Garden show at the beginning of September this year! It was a fantastic array of gorgeous and innovative quilts. We involved the public in the challenge by having them choose a quilt they liked best. By popular vote, first and second choices went to each of the quilts Jean Hayler had made.
Well done Jean, both of your quilts were well made, with beautiful colours and design theme! Your grandchildren are going to be thrilled.
And a rousing “Well done” to all those that took part in the challenge and completed their quilts for the show!
A big “Thank You” to all those who were involved and who took the challenge to heart
At the Garden Show our charity quilt was raffled and this raised a nice sum to be donated to the Jes Foord Foundation that offers counseling and support rape survivors.
So it’s September …………..with no challenge until January?
I have found a new challenge 🙂
- Find a magazine that is NOT quilting related; pick a number and turn to that page in the magazine.
- Make a quilt related to something on that page – it can be colour; a word or phrase; a picture etc.
- The quilt can be any size – from cushion size to bed quilt or even a wall hanging
- The challenge finishes in January 2019
- In January submit your quilt with the page and a short story about how your quilt relates to the page.
Happy stitching just because there is nothing else worth doing!!!